By Ali Mathieson
YOU WILL NEED:
- An adult to help you
- Colour paper strips (you could cut strips from white paper and colour them yourself)
- Sheet of white paper (or two if you plan to colour the strips yourself)
- Black felt tip pen
- Glue or glue stick
- Draw the face on the sheet of white paper. Remember that the chin should be near the bottom of your paper to leave enough space for the hair.
- You can either fold the hair strips, or you could wind them into a curl around a pencil etc.
- Once they are all folded or wound up, glue them into place around your model’s face.
NOTE TO PARENTS:
This is an excellent exercise for hand dexterity and co-ordination.
Allow your little one to manage as much of this as he or she can.
Everyone loves a REAL unicorn!
Draw a unicorn profile and glue the curled strips into place for a magic unicorn mane.
Use sparkly wrapping paper for the unicorns mane.
Ali and her sister Kally make the most amazing clothes. Take a look at TwoCan on Facebook.
And to help with your kiddies’ behaviour, have a look at this article by Eloise Grobbelaar: Code Breaker